Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Think I Need a Roadmap...

Today is 8 weeks! Our first appointment is in two days! I kinda knew that the time would fly by, but I honestly didn't expect it to go THIS quickly. In honor of the occasion, I've left a new belly pic at the end of this post. Still nothing to see, sorry.

So I've had the urge to look at baby stuff lately. Today I gave into the urge and walked around Baby Depot. And I encountered the same thing that I have whenever I enter any baby store: the overwhelming feeling that I have no idea what I'm doing.

I feel like I should have an opinion on baby items. I should be able to look at crib and tell you whether or not I like it. Not the case. I look at cribs and it looks like a crib. It looks like all the other cribs, just a different color, and slightly different shape. Today I finally realized what it is. How on Earth do you begin to pick out things for someone you have never met? Surely it will be easier once we know what we're having, but even then, it's just surreal to pick out things that are going to be part of a small person's life, and have no input from them.

It's like trying to measure something using a measurement system you've never used and you don't have a ruler. Ah well, I've got plenty of time to figure it all out.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unless you reuse the furniture, the probably won't even remember those items. However, they often remain a momento to the parents forever. So, pick something that makes you and Armando happy. :-)